The Portfolio Management Team cultivates, authorizes, launches, and oversees high-quality autonomous schools (i.e., District-run, Innovation and, Charter) in the Denver Public School (DPS) system. Empowered by the Denver Plan, the Portfolio Management Team embraces school autonomy, high performance standards, clear accountability, parent/guardian choice, and broad stakeholder engagement.
The Portfolio Management Team envisions a nation where every public education system effectively serves the diverse needs of all children and where every student graduates prepared for success in life.
The Portfolio Management Team will be a national model for transformational change in public education by:
- Improving outcomes for all Denver students by recruiting and supporting a diverse portfolio of high-performing charter and innovation schools that are accountable for results;
- Producing transformational changes district-wide by identifying, sharing and facilitating the implementation of innovative, best-in-class policies and practices in all schools and central office departments
Summer 2018 Call for New Quality Schools
Enrollment growth in the Greater Park Hill-Stapleton enrollment zone has created the need for a new middle school to begin operation fall 2019, to be identified through the Call for New Quality Schools (CNQS) process in partnership with the community. To learn more, read the 2018 Supplmentary Call for New Quality Schools. To apply, see the application materials below. Letters of Intent are due August 6, 2018.
- 2018 GPHS CNQS Placement Application
- 2018 Supplemental Call New School Application
- 2018 Supplemental Call Replication Application
- 2018 Supplemental Call District-Run Budget Template
- 2018 Supplemental Call Charter Budget Template
The Portfolio Management Team is pleased to offer a number of resources to potential new school applicants, including in-person supports, online workshops, and informational screencasts. View our applicants supports page or contact Max Tweten for more information.